Open positions: Community engagement, education and outreach; Contact Tracing
Wages: $36,000 – $41,000
Apply @: www.mercyconnections.net
Status: Full time and Part time contract positions available without benefit. These positions are funded quarterly, and may go on for a year; Culturally Specific Community Health Covid-19 Response
Opening Date: July 10, 2020: Until July 30th, 2020: Multiple position available for Multnomah, Washington or Clackamas County.
Download and fill up employment application, and send the signed application to the following address:
SW Connemara Terrace
Beaverton, OR 97008
YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO:
This is a Culturally Specific job opportunity. We are looking for Community Health Workers (CHWs) or individuals with similar background to engage and educate community members about Covid-19.
Community Health Worker (CHWs)
CHWs are trusted individuals who understand not just the history of the community that they represent and serve, but have built rapport, trusting relationships and have connection to that community. This trusting relationship enables them to serve as a liaison and a member of many organizations; frontline public health workers, medical health worker, social services and the community to facilitate access to services that engage, educate and improve the quality of life of their community.
These individuals will work directly with community members and families to support fellow immigrant and refugee communities in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas County during the Covid-19 pandemic. They will engage, educate, and share accurate information about COVID-19, which prevent, they will educate and stop the spread of the virus, they will deliver culturally competence services to community members who have tested positive for COVID-19 and referred by the health department for quarantine, educate, support, and provide trauma informed care. They will support the navigation and advocacy for various essential social services and resources (food, housing support, and other resources connections)
Important work functions:
Individuals in these positions will provide the following services: education to individuals, families, and other household members on how to protect from getting Covid-19 and support for those who may test positive for COVID-19, including
- Provide culturally specific community outreach and community education regarding health and Covid-19 response
- Provide accurate information about COVID-19 in a culturally specifically responsive manner to meet the needs our communities
- Organize and support community health events
- Ability to attend meetings as organize by the director
- Be organize, able to communicate and able to keep records
- Provide informal counseling and emotional support to cope with health condition
- Support community outreach and community education regarding health equity and Covid-19 response
- Support community testing for COVID-19 Support community health events as organized by director
- Be a team player
As a culturally specific service provider, you must know, understand and have a good relationship to the community that you will be serving. You must belong to and have experience in dealing with the West African immigrant and refugee communities that you are applying to work with, as well as have understanding the cultural values, and beliefs of that community.
Any combinations or experiences will be accepted. Your specific job application require different experiences.
- For community Health Worker position, a Certification as a Community Health Worker is require
- Ability to translate medical terminology into concepts that are understandable for community members
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and follow HIPAA policies and procedures
- Experience in case management, community outreach services providing health services and information, advocacy, social support, and assistance in using the health care system to groups and families is necessary
- Be Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently, understanding problem-solving skills and know how to use the computer for work.
- For other positions, you must possess similar qualities for you particular position
- Much of the work for this position will happen remotely during Covid-19 (video conferencing and telephone), may change as health conditions improves.
- Some in-person visit may occur keeping up with social distancing and mask wearing measures to ensure safety of both staff and community members
- Use computer to send in in your report and conferencing will be require.
- For CHWs, you will deliver food or and other supplies (using physical distancing) to the households of those who have tested positive for COVID-19